Points to Remember
- Applicants to the Falcon Institute (TFI) are required to complete the TFI Application Form and submit it at the Institute's front office or complete and submit the Online Application Form. Please remember to attach all documents mentioned in Step 1 below to the application.
- Applications must be submitted on or before the Application Deadline published by the Institute. All documents must be complete at the time of submission. The Institute reserves the right to refuse admission in case of applications received after the stipulated deadline.
- Those issued with the Offer of Admission must complete their registration process by paying the monthly tuition fee before the start of the semester. Tuition fee is due on the 1st day of the calendar month. TFI requires that the tuition fee be paid before the 10th of the month. If the tuition fee is not received before the 21st of the month, TFI reserves the right to suspend the student from classes and from taking any assessments.
- New students are charged a non-refundable fee for registration. Admission to programmes offered by the TFI is subject to meeting the academic requirements of the programme.
- TFI accommodates late registrations from the start of the semester until the second week of classes. A late registration fee applies to late registrations.
- All applications will be evaluated by the Academic Committee and admission criteria used will be in line with the regulations set by the Maldives Qualifications Authority (MQA) and TFI's Academic Council.
- By submitting the completed TFI Application Form, students are deemed to have accepted all the rules and regulations stated in the Student Handbook published by the Institute.
Step 1 - Submission of Completed Application Form for Admission
- Please submit the following together with the completed Application Form:
1. Copies of all relevant educational certificates and transcripts. Original copies of all educational documents must be presented together with the Application Form. The Institute will return them immediately after verification.
2. Copy of the student's National ID Card - both sides (or passport copy for foreign students)
3. Two Passport-size photographs (with white or blue background)
4. Letter(s) from employer(s) indicating work experience
5. Letter of sponsorship from sponsored organisation where applicable
6. A non-refundable, non-transferable Application Fee of MVR 150/- in cash
- Applicants may be asked, where required, to provide attested copies of certificates from MQA and the Letter of Equivalency issued by MQA. The applicant bears the responsibility to obtain such letters and furnish the documents to TFI to facilitate the admission process.
- Please ensure that complete supporting documents are attached and provided to get your application processed speedily.
Step 2 - Acceptance of Application for Admission
- The outcome of each application will be notified to the applicant via Email. Applicants accepted into programmes at TFI will be issued with the Offer of Admission including guidelines for registration.
- Only those applicants who meet the prerequisites for the chosen programme are issued with the Offer of Admission. The offer will remain valid until the end of the registration period.
- The Offer of Admission provides the enrolled programme, its duration, mode of study, applicable fees and other relevant and important information.
- Applicants are urged to complete the registration procedure before the end of the registration period.
Step 3 - Completion of the Registration Procedure
- Once the Offer of Admission is received, applicants must select an option and pay the Course Fee accordingly. The complete fee details, payment modes and payment options will be provided with the Offer of Admission.
- Upon completion of the registration process, the TFI ID Card will be issued.
The Orientation Programme and Commencement of Classes
- An Orientation Programme is conducted by Student Services to help new students familiarize themselves with the campus facilities and the academic regulations, procedures and practices at TFI. All new students are urged to attend the Orientation Programme.
- Classes will generally commence a day or two after the Orientation Programme.
- Students are urged to not miss the first couple of classes as Instructors may impart important information about the course or module including assignments, their due dates, the structure of the exams and other assessments.
Use of Student ID Cards
- Students must always carry TFI ID Cards when in the campus. ID Cards must be presented to members of the TFI staff on demand. Refusal to do so will be considered insubordination and may result in disciplinary action.
- TFI recognises the right of students to dress according to their individual taste. However, student attire must be decent and modest when in the campus. Students are not permitted to wear the following in the campus:
(a) Collarless or sleeveless t-shirts
(b)Slippers or flip flops
(c) Revealing or see-through dresses
(d) Body piercing, extreme hair styles, hair colours and tattoos
(e) Clothes with lewd words or phrases
(f) Half pants and shorts.
Similarly, students are expected to be mindful of personal hygiene when in the campus.